July is Fireworks Safety Month
Prevent Injuries from Fireworks by following the steps below;
- 90 percent of eye injuries are prevented by wearing the proper protective eye-wear.
- No parts of the body should be over the firework while lighting.
- Before lighting a firework, read the warning label carefully and follow all the directions.
- Light fireworks outdoors and away from buildings, plants, and combustible materials.
- Always have water handy when having a firework display.
- Light only one firework at a time.
- Small children should not be handling and lighting fireworks.
- If a firework fails to work after lighting, wait 15 to 20 minutes and then dump the firework in a bucket of water and let it soak.
- If at all possible, don’t store fireworks. If you have to store them, store them in a cool dry place and keep them out of the reach of children.