Dr. Mark Fromer specializes in retinal diseases, cataract surgery and laser vision correction procedures including LASIK and photo-refractive keratectomy. He performs Femto Laser cataract surgery and has been performing laser surgery for glaucoma, diabetic retinal disease, and age related diseases of the retina since 1988.
Dr. Mark Fromer is a Diplomate of the American Board of Ophthalmology and has been board-certified since 1988. After his undergraduate education at Hebrew University and Michigan State University, where he earned highest honors, Dr. Fromer earned his medical degree from Rutgers Medical School (UMDNJ). He then completed his internship and residency training at St. Vincent's Hospital & Medical Center of New York, as well as a vitreoretinal fellowship in trauma and diabetic eye care at Manhattan Eye, Ear & Throat Hospital.
Dr. Fromer has been ranked as one of the top 175 ophthalmologists on Newsweek’s America’s Best Eye Doctors in 2021 and 2022, landing as the top doctor in the Bronx, Queens and Bayside, NY in 2022 and in the top 3 rankings in the Bronx, Queens and Bayside, NY in 2021, as well as the top 20 rankings in New York City and State both years.
Dr. Fromer is a NYPD Honorary Police Surgeon, Eye Surgeon Director for both the New York Rangers (National Hockey League) and the World Oyama Karate Organization.
Dr. Fromer speaks fluent English, Spanish and Hebrew.
- Clinical Assistant Professor of Ophthalmology, New York Medical College
- Resident Instructor, Saint Vincent's Hospital & Medical Center
- Resident Instructor, Catholic Medical Center
- Resident Instructor, Cabrini Medical Center
- Resident Lecture Series, St. Vincent's Hospital
- Health Action Committee Lecture Series
- NY Department of Disability Lecture Series
- International speaker, Alcon Laboratories
- International speaker, Allergan Laboratories
- International speaker, Heidelberg Retinal Tomography
- Neonatal Infectious Diseases
- Pulmonary Embolism Following Scleral Buckling procedure
- Complication of Retrobulbar Anesthesia
- Topical Anesthesia, "Medical Risk"
- Ancillary Testing in Ophthalmology
- American Medical Association
- Fellow of the American Academy of Ophthalmology
- Queens County Medical Society
- Bronx County Medical Society
- New York County Medical Society
- American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery