News & Programs
On Monday September, 29th 2013 Dr. Mark Fromer was interviewed on ABC World News regarding Apple’s new software design, IOS7 causing motion sickness.
On September 26, 2013 Dr. Mark Fromer was interviewed by Fox 5 News on the virtual ipad app, it allows you to try on glasses and choose a frame by taking a virtual picture of your face. Dr. Fromer spoke on the impotents of seeing a professional for special measurements and adjustments.
Doctor advises vision exam before students go back to school
(08/22/11) THE BRONX - A Bronx doctor says all students should get a thorough eye exam before heading back to school.
According to Dr. Mark Former, poor vision problems are often misdiagnosed as a behavioral issue. Doctors say a child with undetected vision problems can be frustrated or bored in school because he or she can't see the board or read a book easily.
Eye doctors say warning signs for vision problems are squinting often, tilting their head or appearing disinterested at the back of the class.
On June 24, 2011, Dr. Jay Adlersberg, the health and medical reporter of ABC 7's Eyewitness News interviewed Dr. Mark Fromer on Dry Eye.
On March 18, 2011, Dr. Jay Adlersberg, the health and medical reporter of ABC 7's Eyewitness News interviewed Dr. Mark Fromer on dietary omega-3 fatty acid intake associated with reduced risk of age-related macular degeneration. To view on Channel 7 WABC or go to www.7online.com/health after 6:05pm.
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Our eyes and our vision are very precious to all of us, but we need to be weary of the fact that age can take a toll on both.
One possible problem for aging eyes is Macular Degeneration. The Macular is the part of the retina we use to read print, knit and do anything else involving close-up work.
As we age, we are more at risk for Macular Degeneration, or M-D.
More: Get Health E-News
Fortunately, a new study shows steps we can take to prevent M-D from occurring. Certain vitamins can reduce the risk for M-D. Fish and fish oils can also reduce the risk.
There is a test for Macular Degeneration. It's called an Amsler Grid. The way it works is the patients put the grid on their refrigerator and look at it every day. Doctors are testing to see if the patient sees any change in the grid such as a wavy line, spot, or any other change in the little boxes that make up the grid. If they do, that is a sign that they have M-D. ... Read More ...
- More fish could mean better vision as you age, December 1, 2010,Joelle Anderson has trouble seeing. As she gets older, macular degeneration is damaging her retinas.
- Sandra Hughes, CBS News Published: May 7, 2010
HOLLYWOOD - If you haven’t seen a 3-D movie this year, you’re in the minority. The new technology is behind the biggest blockbusters this year. You might want to think twice before putting those 3-d glasses on. Hollywood’s cashing in on 3-D. Avatar, Alice in Wonderland, and Clash of the Titans are some of the biggest box office hits of 2010. ... Read more . . .
- WebMD Health News, is 3D TV bad for you? April 21st 2010 Samsung warns of epilepsy and stroke risk for some viewers and says 3D TV is not for you if you’ve been drinking
CBS17 News - Texas
- July 5, 2010, Smart shades for summer rays: When it comes to sunglasses, finding the right protection for your eyes should be top priority.
WCAX.COM Local Vermont News, Weather and Sports-
New York Daily News
- On July 7, 2010, Dr. Mark Fromer was interviewed about the circle contact lenses that are worn by pop star Lady Gaga in her "Bad Romance" video and how young women are trying to copy the pop star.
Channel 12 News, Bronx
- January 21st, 2008 - Dr. Mark Fromer was interviewed from News 12 The Bronx and discussed the fact that African-Americans are more likely to get glaucoma at an early age.
- August 27th, 2007 - Dr. Mark Fromer was interviewed by Molly Rokasy from News 12 The Bronx about the importance of annual eye exams.
- July 9th, 2007 - Andrea Grymes from News 12, The Bronx interviewed Dr. Mark Fromer about the importance of wearing sunglasses with ultraviolet protection.
- February 19th, 2007 - Channel 12 News featured Fromer Eye Centers on. Dr. Mark Fromerspoke about the significant problem of visual impairment in the Hispanic community.
- November 20th, 2006 - News correspondent, Andrea Grymes from News 12 The Bronx interviewed Dr. Mark Fromer on the basics of the dry eye syndrome and its prevention.
- June 19th, 2006 - News 12 Bronx featured Fromer Eye Centers, this time Dr. Mark Fromer spoke about the extreme importance of sunglasses with 100% ultraviolet protection
- September 27th, 2005 - Channel 12 News once again featured Fromer Eye Centers, this time highlighting the latest in cataract surgery.
- January 17th, 2005 - Channel 12 News once again featured Fromer Eye Centers, this time highlighting diabetic retinopathy.
- January 16th, 2005 - Doctors say African-Americans are at high risk for the eye disease glaucoma.
- January 15th 2004 - Dr. Mark Fromer was interviewed by Michelle Seavers from News 12 The Bronx.
- August 25th 2003. - Dr. Mark Fromer was interviewed and filmed by Michelle Seavers from News 12 The Bronx.
- December 18, 2007, - Dr. Susan Fromer was interviewed live on the Medical Insight program on Cyrus TV
HITN (Hispanic Information & Telecommunications Network)
- On June 26th 2007, Dr. Mark Fromer was interviewed live on HITN (Hispanic information & Telecommunications Network), by Malin Falu. On this program Dr. Fromer answered the callers’ questions regarding eye disease.
- March 28th, 2007 - Marisa Cespedes from Televisa Station interviewed Dr. Mark Fromer
- August 25th, 2006 - Viva America featured Fromer Eye Centers
WB11 News, New York
- July 10th, 2006 - WB11 News interviewed Dr. Mark Fromer
- July 3rd, 2006 - WB11 featured Fromer Eye Centers
Discovery Health Channel
- Dr. Mark Fromer was on December 29th of 2000. Dr. Fromer was followed for three months on a daily basis to gain insight into the day in the life of one of New York City’s most respected eye surgeons.
For any questions/comments please click here to contact us.